Landing your first job can be tough. It takes more than just talent. It takes hard work, a great attitude, and a strong support base. Our Career Services department is designed to give you that support – both while you’re in school and after you graduate.
At the DAVE School we take our student’s dream of working as a 3D/VFX artist very seriously. That’s why we have dedicated staff to help students and graduates achieve their career goals. Here are just a few of the measures we take to help prepare you for your job in the field:
- We provide training on industry expectations regarding demo reel content and presentation
- Students have direct access to our career services director for demo reel critique and feedback
- We perform mock interviews with graduating students to ensure they are prepared for their first job
- We bring in high-profile guest speakers to discuss industry developments
- We regularly update our curriculum to reflect industry advancements and trends
- We allow graduates to retake any portion of our program for FREE, and…
- We bring hiring studios to The DAVE School to meet our graduates face-to-face
- It is not uncommon for students to be hired before completing the program.
DAVE School graduates have gone on to work in nearly every segment of the computer graphics industry, from video games to television, film, architectural visualization, medical imaging, print advertising and military simulation. We are proud to say that our graduates have worked on films and television shows such as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Divergent, Need for Speed, 47 Ronin, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Thor: The Dark World, Pacific Rim, The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Almost Human, Lost, Fringe, 24, Battlestar Galactica, and more.
Our Alumni have worked all over the world at companies such as the ones showcased below.